Parent Governor Vacancy
Would you, as a Parent, like to give a parental perspective in discussion and decision regarding the future direction of our school? Why not think about being a School Governor?
It is a great opportunity to give something back to the school and to take an active role in shaping our future in the wide community. You will be able to help better the outcomes for all Cotford St Luke Primary School pupils.
If you are interested in finding out about becoming a Parent Governor at Cotford St Luke Primary School, please contact Mrs Karen Reardon, Clerk to the Board of Governors on 01823 430831 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-opted Governor Vacancy
Volunteering as a School governor is a challenging, but rewarding role that offers the opportunity to make a difference for children and young people in your community. Taking on this responsible role requires you to:
- develop a vision and strategy for the school
- oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
- holding the school leader to account to ensure that every pupil has the best possible education
- engaging with pupils, staff, parents and the school community to understand their views of the school
In practice, this means looking at information and evidence in order to have conversations and ask school leaders questions about the school. You will decide how the school's budget is spent. In certain circumstances, you will also make decisions about things like pupil exclusions and staff disciplinary matters.
To fulfil this role you need to be able to:
- attend regular Board meetings and Committee meetings where appropriate
- visit the school
- do some background reading
- take part in induction training and ongoing development
Please contact the Clerk to the Board of Governors on 01823 430831 or email@example.com for more details on how to apply.l